Giuseppe Maxia teased me last week to see whether I could decipher the notice on the Italian web site Punto Informatico about "MySQL University, lezione gratuita su Lua".
It's about Giuseppe teaching MySQL University attendees (for free as in both beer and speech) on the Lua scripting language. The MySQL reason to learn Lua is to do scripting in MySQL Proxy. Don't worry, the MySQL University session is in English, not Italian, and Giuseppe has deciphered the Italian himself in his blog.
You can attend MySQL University virtually with slides in PDF and Wiki, audio on ogg stream, and interaction with the lecturer via IRC (at Freenode under #mysql-university).
Timing: This Thursday 13 Dec 2007 at 6:00am PST = 9:00am EST = 15:00 CET = 16:00 EET = 17:00 Moscow time
- Giuseppe's own blog entry "MySQL University - Introducing Lua for Proxy scripting": http://datacharmer.blogspot.com/2007/12/mysql-university-introducing-lua-for.html
- Lua on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_%28programming_language%29
- MySQL Proxy: http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy
- MySQL University: http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_University
- Giuseppe's article "Getting started with MySQL Proxy": http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/proxy-gettingstarted.html
- MySQL University: Writing LUA scripts for MySQL Proxy session: