- MySQL K.K. in Tokyo, Japan: MySQL Users Conference Japan 2007, 11-12.9.2007 at the Miraikan
- Linux Data Services in Seoul, Korea: MySQL Users Conference Korea 2007, 14.9.2007
- London, UK: MySQL Northern Europe Customer Conference, 16.10.2007 at the Cavendish Conference Centre
- Munich, Germany: MySQL Kundenkonferenz 18.10.2007 at Hilton Munich City
and we're continuing this with two more conferences
- Paris, France: ConfÃƒÂ©rence MySQL Europe du Sud 23.10.2007 in Hotel Sofitel Le Parc
- Milan, Italy: Launch of MySQL AB in Italia 8.11.2007 in Grand Hotel Villa Torretta
after which the following big one is The Big One, i.e.
- Santa Clara, California, USA: MySQL Users Conference 2008, 15-18 April 2008 in the Santa Clara Convention Center
We just concluded yesterday's German Kundenkonferenz, with a packed (despite a local transport strike) main room in the Hilton. For me, the highlight was moderating the Storage Engine panel with Ralf Gebhardt, Jan Kneschke and Kai Voigt as vocal, knowledgeable and fun panelists in front of a very interactive audience. "With delight and a dash of horror" (adapted from a Swedish saying) I'm looking forward to moderating next week's equivalent French panel. I anticipate that the my preparations will not be limited to a casual look in my Swedish-French dictionary.
The London, Munich and Paris event are/were similar in nature, with content of both technical and decision-maker nature. The Milan launch is lighter on the technical side, mainly an opportunity to meet the team.
Finally, you've still got a good week, until 30 October 2007, to propose sessions for the 2008 UC in Santa Clara.