My slides for this preso weren't too graphic, which makes them all the easier to reuse in this blog:
Use our new software!
- Use MySQL 5.1, itÃ¢â‚¬Ëœs soon going RC
- Use Falcon, itÃ¢â‚¬Ëœs soon going Beta (new transactional storage engine, faster than InnoDB on large servers)
- Use MySQL Workbench (ER Tool), Now Beta
- Use MySQL Proxy, just released
- PHPers: Use mysqlnd (Native Driver)
Go test MySQL 5.1!
- WeÃ¢â‚¬Ëœre happy with the quality
- More stable than 5.0 was four months after GA
- RC happening very soon, GA within a few versions after that
- A better MySQL 5.0 (thousands of small fixes)
- WeÃ¢â‚¬Ëœre happy with the new functionality
- Table / Index Partitioning
- Row-based replication Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Transfers data instead of commands
- Full-text indexing parser plugins Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Flexible full text search
- Disk-based Data Support for MySQL Cluster
- Replication Support for MySQL Cluster
- XPath Support - helps any customer wanting to better navigate and search XML documents stored in MySQL
- Internal Task Scheduler (Events)
Other goodies coming soon (5.2, 6.0, ...)
- Global Backup API
- Falcon and Maria (MyISAM++) storage engine
- Further new storage engines
- Hash & Merge joins (faster subselects)
- Federated tables over ODBC
- Foreign key support for all engines
Participate in our Development!
- Report bugs! Test them! Submit patches!
- Hang out on Freenode IRC #mysql-dev
- Subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org to see our code reviews
- Attend MySQL University, the foremost education for MySQL developers (of C/C++ code, not apps)
- MySQL Forge: List your MySQL apps! Upload your code snippets! Fix the missing documents!
- Go visit MySQL Forge Worklog
- Voting for best features starting soon
We are hiring outstanding C/C++ developers with systems or database engineering experience.
Visit www.mysql.com/jobs or email resume to email@example.com