Tuesday morning keynotes 24 April 2007
- 8:20-9:05: Welcome and State of MySQL AB, Mårten Mickos, MySQL AB, CEO gives an update on how MySQL AB is doing, including a view behind the scenes of the business, the vision, the phenomenal growth, and some of the plans for the future.
- 9:05-9:50: The Art of Innovation, Guy Kawasaki You're familiar with his top-ranking blog How to change the world - a practical blog for impractical people? Let's see if he can demonstrate How to get a standing ovation at his keynote!
- 9:50-10:20: Building the Ultimate Database Container with RHEL, MySQL, and Virtualization, Brian Stevens, CTO and Vice President of Engineering, Red Hat.
Wednesday morning keynotes 25 April 2007
- 8:20-9:05: Freedom Businesses Protect Privacy, Eben Moglen, Director, Software Freedom Law Center. As Stewart Smith notes, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s probably worth the conference admission fee just to see this session. Few people can grab an audience with world-changing opinions and wit, like Eben. Do also read Jay's posting Getting Drunk with Eben Moglen, about why Free Beer isn't so good if your data are getting drunk.
- 9:05-9:50: The Clash of the Database Egos, Kaj Arnö interviewing Michael (Monty) Widenius, CTO & Co-founder, MySQL AB, Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect, MySQL AB, Jim Starkey, Senior Software Architect, MySQL AB, plus partner egos Heikki Tuuri, Innobase Oy / Oracle, Ari Valtanen, Co-Founder, Senior VP and CTO, Solid, and Paul Whittington, Founder and Chief Architect, NitroSecurity. Expect an entertaining fight, as Jay describes and as I wrote earlier.
- 9:50-10:20: Citizenship: Open Source Community Rewards and Responsibilities, Bdale Garbee, Linux CTO, Hewlett Packard.
Thursday morning keynotes 26 April 2007
- 8:20-9:05: PHP on Hormones, Rasmus Lerdorf, Yahoo!: To build a successful web application you have to engage the user so that every action enhances the overall user experience. Rasmus will show how to translate this concept into code that scales.
- 9:05-9:50: Scaling MySQL at YouTube, Paul Tuckfield, MySQL DBA, YouTube. If you're like me, you're curious about such a huge site was built!
- 9:50-10:20: Data Protection for the LAMP Economy, Chander Kant, CEO, Zmanda.
See you there!