The application process for students has now been opened! You have just one good week of time to apply, as the window closes 24 March 2007.
To participate in MySQL Summer of Code,
- Read my blog announcement on http://www.planetmysql.org/kaj/?p=89
- Read Google's Guide to the GSoC Web App for Student Applicants at http://groups.google.com/group/ google-summer-of-code-announce/ web/guide-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-applicants
- Go to the http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/SummerOfCode page to pick one or several MySQL related projects that interest you
- Load the http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/SummerOfCode/ApplicationTemplate page for the MySQL related application template, to use as a reference for when you fill in the application itself in the next step
- Go to the Google Summer of Code Student Signup page at http://code.google.com/soc/student_step1.html and start the signup process itself. Be prepared that it can take a while to fill in.
When filling in the GSoC application, remember that we expect you to follow our Application Template mentioned above. I.e.
- Your application needs to be concise.
- Your application needs to follow our format.
- First you give us your personal details,
- then what you plan on doing,
- then all your actual experience (broken down, for easy reading),
- then what exactly you intend on delivering (the most important part), and
- finally, a simple Yes, I'm willing to sign the MySQL CLA at http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Contributor_License_Agreement
If at any point you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact MySQL's Summer of Code Project Administrator Colin Charles (firstname.lastname@example.org).